Instructions for Participation in the Personal Retreat
During the 21 days of the retreat you will be able to carry out your daily work and family activities with the following changes to your daily routine:
- No watching TV.
- No reading or listening to news on the radio, TV, newspapers, magazines, Internet, etc.
- Only read spiritual books (I will post a list of suggested readings in a few days).
- Only listen to New Age, classical or meditation music.
- Only use the Internet, telephone and email for work-related and important communications, such as reading this blog and posting comments here
- Have one main meal a day and the others should be light meals*.
- Wake up one hour earlier than usual. Use this time to meditate, pray, do self healing, distant healing or any other spiritual practice.
- Meditate at least 30 minutes a day.
- Spend at least one hour in silence and alone.
- Don’t consume alcohol, red meat, sugar or junk food. You may use Stevia, agave or honey if you crave something sweet. Don't consume artificial sweeteners. No smoking.
- Have no more than two cups of caffeinated coffee or tea a day.
- Do some type of physical exercise for 20-30 minutes*.
- Spend time in nature everyday.
- Don’t express dissatisfaction, don’t complain about anything.
- Don’t judge or criticize anything or anyone, including yourself.
- Don’t question, don’t argue.
- Be conscious of what you do every moment staying in the present moment.
- Feel gratitude for the blessings that you receive, including things that may seem negative.
- When something that seems negative occurs, reflect on the opportunity that it offers you to learn a lesson and to grow spiritually. Be grateful for this opportunity.
- Be conscious of the presence of the Creator in your heart every moment.
- Finish everything you need to do each day. Don't procrastinate.
- Be conscious of staying in the highest planes of Light every moment.
- Do something for someone else as often as you can without any personal gain and anonymously.
- Surrender something to the Creator every day such as an attachment or situation.
- Every night before going to bed, review your day. How did you handle situations? Did you criticize? Did you judge? Did you feel grateful ? Were you unloving to someone? Did you have moments when you behaved, spoke or thought from your ego? What aspects of the day were difficult for you? Do you harbor resentment, anger or any other negative emotion in your being? Were you in your heart, enjoying the divine Presence? If you didn’t behave correctly in a specific situation, how can you improve in the future?
- After reflecting upon your day, feel the Creator's presence in your heart and go to sleep with the peace of the divine presence in your being.
- Every morning as soon as you wake up, surrender the day to the Creator. Review your day and radiate it with Light so that everything flows effortlessly. Intend that Divine Grace illuminate every step you take.
- Reflection is important and writing helps integrate your spiritual experiences. Post your comments on this blog as you can, every day if possible, sharing your experiences. I will respond to the questions and concerns that are expressed on the blog so that all may benefit from the experiences shared.
*if you have any health problems, please consult your doctor about the dietary and exercise suggestions and follow his or her recommendations.
May this be an opportunity to achieve a deep spiritual awakening.