The following steps will help you to forgive yourself and others. Reflect upon these and, if you find them helpful, include them in your spiritual practice.
- Forgiveness brings you to the peace in your heart. Remember that whatever you don’t forgive fills you with emotions, such as anger, resentment, hatred, bitterness that rob you of all peace. Identify these emotions and have the intention of letting them go so you can feel the peace in your heart once more.
- Let go of your expectations of others. Don’t expect others to act as you do, don’t expect others to give you what you wish for. As you let go of all expectations of others, you will find much serenity and joy in your life.
- Let go of all judgment and blame.
- Let go of the past. Live in the present.
- Every time you think about someone who hurt you, decide at that very moment to go into your heart and fill your mind and heart with the Divine Presence.
- Whenever you think of someone who has hurt you, remember and recognize that this person is also a beautiful spark of the Creator’s Heart.
- When you think about a hurt, a grievance or resentment, say the following: “I want the Creator’s peace more than I want this grievance. I want the Creator’s peace more than I want this resentment.”
- Practice the Forgiveness Meditation based on unconditional love that appears in the next post.